Discipline in the classroom is very essential. In order to make the kids disciplined, the teacher has to put up proper classroom routines. The classroom behavior management is a process carried out by the teachers to make sure that the lessons are running smoothly. A classroom behavior management also helps the teacher in building up a student’s discipline. New teachers will always have some problem in handling their classes and as well as students. At such times classroom routines will help the teachers to overcome some issues. The following are some tips which can be followed in order to have a good discipline in the classroom:
- You always have to be fair when you deal with the students. They will easily discover when you are partial with some kids and hence you will have to treat everyone in the same way. You must behave in such a way that you always get respect from them. This will develop their discipline policies. If there is anything which has to be done in discipline stuffs to your students, then write it down in a separate paper and make them work on it. Encourage them with school age activities.
- You will have to stay constant the whole long day. Do not even try showing someone’s anger on them. It is a very bad habit.
- Avoid arguing with the kids. They are just kids and you need to make them understand with right things in a calm way. You should be responsible and make sure that the kids are following all the rules properly or not.
- When you take the lessons, you will have to tell them good stories and also have fun. Avoid taking lessons continuously because this will bore them. When you be little humorous, it will create excitement to learn even more well.
- The students have the capability to follow all the rules. You must tell them clearly about your expectations from them, only then they will be able to give you best output and try to impress you.
- Before you go to the class, you must plan everything. You must tell all the instructions properly and clearly to them so that they can follow them up regularly. The rules have to be very easy to be followed and if you are new, then ask some suggestions and help from other teachers.
Setting up some routines for the students are the ways to cultivate discipline in them. Good manners and discipline is something that one would want it for life time. Hence they must be taught to students properly. Parents must also teach them some good habits at home. Routines will make the children know what has to be done and what is not supposed to. They make their flow of work to run smoothly. The following routines will be very helpful for the kids:
Bell Ringer: This is an activity which helps the kids to settle down on their seats. It helps the students to be punctual. It also stops the students from talking and to start their work. It will also alert the kids to make a fast review on what was taught yesterday.
Help: The last fifteen minutes of your class is very important for learning. Make sure it is not wasted. When the students are engaged in learning a new activity individually, then they require a lot of help. Since there are many kids in the class, you can only deal with only one at a time. So you need to teach them that they have to raise their hands up in case of any help. In this way they will not make any noise and also cultivate manners in them. You will also be able to handle them in an efficient way.