Team building is becoming very essential in today’s human life. Every firm today expects his or her employees to be possessed with good coordination and team building skills. A company is treated as one. It’s just because of the team, a company’s work and product is reached outside to the customers. If the company doesn’t have good coordination among the employees and a proper team work, then it can face several consequences. Team building is not only for small kids, it is also for adults too. There are several tips in online for team building activities for teenagers, team building activities for youth and team building games for adults. It must be learnt by all age groups. Cooperation and coordination are the two best things that make the team building strong. They help in reaching the exact goal and will not have any misunderstandings too.
Team building games for adults is not limited to work alone. They can have fun games too. A team must have a proper meeting before proceeding with the goal. Some of the meeting tips for team building activities for youth include the following:
- Keep the meeting as simple and easy as you can.
- A meeting doesn’t have to be expensive. It can be held anywhere in the office. Perhaps a kitchen pantry can also work out.
- The meeting should be informed well in advance to every team member before it commences.
- They must be asked to dress properly in the meeting. Make sure that the meeting must be held on time and everyone has to be punctual for the meeting.
- The instructions which a team leader gives during the meeting must be very clear, properly communicated and must be understood by the members. If there any non native speakers of English, then they must be concentrated as well.
- The team members must be able to identify the skills they possess so that the leader is able to allocate the work based on the skill which in turn will make the work effective and fast.
- Asking questions and doubts openly is very necessary. Solutions to them must be clarified in the meeting itself.
- Fixing the time to reach the goal is very important. This will help the team to start and end well.
Team building involves lot of hard work, effort and time. Each team member should help in making the team well coordinated and cooperative. The team building activities for teenagers is also necessary which are as follows:
Scrambled Jigsaw: Place a jigsaw puzzle at each table. To manage time, you can make use of kid’s puzzles involving hundred or more pieces. Now from each puzzle, cut down 5 pieces and place them at another table. Divide the teenagers into groups based on the table you got. Instruct them to finish the puzzle completely in less span of time. As they try to complete the puzzle, they will realize that few puzzles are missing and they will have to force themselves to discuss with other teams in order to finish the puzzle. This will improve communication, cooperation, coordination and negotiation.
Hand slight: Group the teenagers into teams containing four to six members. Give each group some four tennis balls and ask them to pass all the balls, without dropping them in less time. When you do this repeatedly it will increase the speed of handling the balls. This will improve the children in doing things rapidly, thinking quickly and coordinating well.
Move up: This is a very interesting game to play with. Divide the children into groups such that each team will have 2 members. Give each member a sheet of paper and sticky tape. Give clear instructions stating that they will have to build a tallest structure which must be free standing. This enhances creativity, concentration, coordination with other members and problem solving.
Thus making use of above things can help in effective team building.